Be watchful, then, lest the attractions of the world, the anxieties of life, even the exacting and absorbing influence of religious external engagements invade the sanctity, encroach upon the solitude of your hidden walk with God.
Be jealous of every object and of every being that would give Christ one pulse less of your heart, one thought less of your mind, one moment less of your life.
In all things give Him the pre-eminence. Bind the first and last sheaf of the harvest upon His altar–lay the first-fruits, and the gleanings of the vintage at His feet–give Him the earliest and the latest–and entwine Him with your first and last thoughts of love.
- Follow Michael R. Jones on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Is it the person or is it the organization?
- We make idols when God has already given us images and symbols through which to know him
- Douglas Moo on Romans 8:31-39
- Michael Phelps (x2), Plagiarism and Bruce Metzger, Amazon Drones, the Millennium Falcon and more! Weekend Links (08/12/16)
- “Grace to you and peace” – F. F. Bruce on Galatians 1:3
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Friend or Follow me on Facebook