We don’t give up our favorite sins because:
1. We don’t really want to give them up; we just want to stop the consequences.
2. We receive some benefit, hidden or otherwise from our sin.
3. We’ve indulged our sin and compromised so often that we’re immune to the evil and, as a result, our consciences are numb.
4. We keep it secret and so we only hear the voice of the flesh or the world encouraging us.
5. The primary reason: we fail to look to Christ. It’s not that we can’t find him, but that we don’t want to find him because we’re not quite ready to give up our sin.