I. The sins of the false teachers:
- They justified their licentious living by claiming to receive their teachings through prophetic gifts (cf. use of “enupniazomai” in Acts 2:17).
- These men rejected God’s law and in so doing, rejected the Lord.
- These teachers were irreverent toward the angels, God’s messengers.
II. Positive example of Michael the archangel:
- Michael was so careful about how he answered another angel.
- Michael left the matter with God to resolve.
III. Negative behavior of the false teachers:
- They speak out of ignorance though they believe they have superior knowledge.
- They persist in instinctive corruption though they believe themselves obedient to God.