The Soul’s Quest for God: Satisfying the Hunger for Spiritual Communion with God by R. C. Sproul. This book renewed me after a spiritually stagnant period of my life. After being out of touch with the Lord and his church for too long I realized that I needed what only the Lord could give. This book encouraged me to seek the face of God through his Word and Sprit and reminded me that Christians must seek and enjoy the presence of God both in private and in public worship. By drawing me to the Scriptures and to Christian history to consider the lives of people who had walked with the Lord, I felt a keen sense of the Lord’s presence with his people and longed to experience that presence in my life once more. This book, if read and considered, will encourage you in your walk to enjoy the Lord and to be satisfied and to seek your satisfaction in him.
- Follow Michael R. Jones on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Is it the person or is it the organization?
- We make idols when God has already given us images and symbols through which to know him
- Douglas Moo on Romans 8:31-39
- Michael Phelps (x2), Plagiarism and Bruce Metzger, Amazon Drones, the Millennium Falcon and more! Weekend Links (08/12/16)
- “Grace to you and peace” – F. F. Bruce on Galatians 1:3
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Friend or Follow me on Facebook