I have all manner of tidbits that I’ve picked up in my reading and recorded in my notebooks for my own benefit. Here is one preachers will find helpful:
Martin Luther’s questions to ask yourself about your preaching:
- Do you preach/teach systematically?
- Do you have a ready wit? (i.e., do you use humor well and appropriately?)
- Are you eloquent? (i.e., are you a wordsmith?)
- Are you caring for your voice?
- Do you have a good memory?
- Do you know when to end?
- Are you sure of your doctrine?
- Will you risk body, blood, wealth, and honor to preach? (you must have courage to preach)
- Will you allow yourself to be mocked and jeered?
I neglected to note the source so if you know the source please comment or email me. Thanks.