We bless thee, O God most high and Lord of mercies, who ever workest great and mysterious deeds for us, glorious, wonderful, and numberless; who providest us with sleep as a rest from our infirmities and as a repose for our bodies tired by labor. We thank thee that thou hast not destroyed us in our transgressions, but in thy love toward mankind thou hast raised us up, as we lay in despair, that we may glorify thy Majesty. We entreat thine infinite goodness, enlighten the eyes of our understanding and raise up our minds from the heavy sleep of indolence; open our mouths and fill them with thy praise, that we may unceasingly sing and confess thee, who art God glorified in all and by all, the eternal Father, the Only-Begotten Son, and the all-holy and good and life-giving Spirit: now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.
- Follow Michael R. Jones on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Is it the person or is it the organization?
- We make idols when God has already given us images and symbols through which to know him
- Douglas Moo on Romans 8:31-39
- Michael Phelps (x2), Plagiarism and Bruce Metzger, Amazon Drones, the Millennium Falcon and more! Weekend Links (08/12/16)
- “Grace to you and peace” – F. F. Bruce on Galatians 1:3
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Friend or Follow me on Facebook