- Follow Michael R. Jones on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Is it the person or is it the organization?
- We make idols when God has already given us images and symbols through which to know him
- Douglas Moo on Romans 8:31-39
- Michael Phelps (x2), Plagiarism and Bruce Metzger, Amazon Drones, the Millennium Falcon and more! Weekend Links (08/12/16)
- “Grace to you and peace” – F. F. Bruce on Galatians 1:3
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Friend or Follow me on Facebook
Tag Archives: Paul
(I added a couple of structural edits for better online reading.) We may view this beautiful, hymn-like celebration of our security in Christ as a response to what Paul has just said (28–30, or 18–30 or even 1–30), but it … Continue reading
(Italics are mine) χάρις ὑμῖν καὶ εἰρήνη. The normal word of salutation at the beginning of a Greek letter was χαίρειν (‘rejoice’); the normal word of salutation at the beginning of a Jewish letter was šālôm, είρήνη (‘peace’). The amplified … Continue reading
When the early church accepted the Gentiles into the fellowship of the faith (it’s outlined in Acts 10 and 11 and revisited again in Acts 15) we see worked out in salvation history what Paul would later write about in … Continue reading
Here is the video introduction to Galatians from Zion’s The Bible Book-by-Book series. The audio for download is below the video. The Bible Book-by-Book: Galatians from Michael R. Jones on Vimeo.
Here is the video introduction to Romans from The Bible Book-by-Book series for the church. Audio is available for download below the video. The Bible Book-by-Book: Romans from Michael R. Jones on Vimeo.
Abraham demonstrates many of the characteristics of a man of faith that Paul will later indicate are important for the man of God who will shepherd and lead his people. That these characteristics are evident not only in Abraham’s life … Continue reading