- Prayer is not a blank check that God has signed so quit praying for stuff you shouldn’t be praying for. (He’s not a genie in a bottle or a lucky rabbit’s foot. The Scriptures tell you what you should be praying for. Read them.)
- Don’t feel bad about praying when times are tough, just don’t stop praying when things get better.
- You don’t have to feel like praying to pray so don’t wait until you feel like it to do it.
- Don’t complain about stuff you haven’t prayed about.
- Use a prayer list or prayer cards or something to guide you.
- If you need to read a psalm or the Lord’s Prayer or a prayer out of a book or the hymnal, just do it and pray!
- Quit watching TV, surfing the internet, juggling geese or whatever else you do instead of praying and pray! (I didn’t say give up TV or the internet, just do less of it and you’ll find you have plenty of time to pray.)
- If you don’t pray because you think you don’t have anything to say, then you have bigger problems than this.
- Follow Michael R. Jones on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Prayer for the Third Sunday of Easter
- Links Roundup (04/08/16): Is America a Christian nation? (Thomas Kidd) Is Ted Cruz a Dominionist? Accordance, Joel Watts o Orthodoxy, and more
- P. T. Forsyth on preaching as “the most distinctive institution in Christianity”
- Brill Publishers to Launch Reference Work ‘Textual History of the Bible’
- Christ’s Church is more than you and bigger than your wants
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Friend or Follow me on Facebook